-

Rawan — A Must Read Comedy Story!


 


Although I was in a 103°F burning fever, my face was glistening with a full width satisfying and calming smile!! Whatever I finally got my vacation and  thanks to my jealous friend Pawan (better pronounced Rawan) for he couldn't see me sleeping comfortably in bed while he is awake and gave me an icy cool surprise  with an icy cool tub of water since he arrived to visit our house from last two days! Now the fact is I am anti-wateristic, I can't tolerate cool water. Even in rough hot days I use to mix a little bit hot water with my bathing water (the winter is better be secretised!). Whatever I was pretty happy with my fever due to an unexpected gap from the loads of works at office and the happiness doubled again by Rawan for he changed his mind of staying here anymore thinking of the touchy condition of mine that might lead him into serious illness. Besides he could impress and express himself to our Boss a little more, ALONE (it was obvious that he was going to use his poisonous talent to impress the Boss against me). I was just thinking of those while I felt a little weakness and headache and satisfied my mind to think of those after a little rest. Giving a pause to all the thoughts for a while I went to the bedroom. I switched on the television (which I refused to call an idiot box) for a little relaxation and get laid with a bed cover switching on the fan too. Researchers say that the television rays affect our sleep i.e. we don't get sleep rapidly with very much submission of those rays into our head through the eyes, whereas I believe that it HELPS us to get to sleep! And especially when we are watching a Chess Match between awesomely-equal-powered two oppositions. For my sudden struck fortune there was a Chess match going on when I tuned to a popular sports channel. I started watching the match. I can then remember only five minutes of furiously slow movement of their hands (seemed like real steel!), because I was drooling at the fourth minute and the fifth was like a history of 56 years.



It was noon (almost 2 p.m.) then. I woke up in mom's call to get up and come to the dining to have our lunch. I went to the table after five minutes. The arrival of mine to the dining was almost like a slow motion effect being played onscreen! Anyways I had my lunch (which included exactly 4 pieces of rice, a banana and nothing) with dad and mom. Since I had my rest already my mind wasn't set to do it again and I grabbed my newspaper, sat on sofa and started reading it. I always used to skip to the last page of the newspaper as in my opinion the last page i.e. the sports one is the most and only interesting page in the whole newspaper to read. I did so. It got finished in just 10 minutes. I wonder why all interesting things finish so rapidly! Whatever I had to pass the time somehow, so for the first time (in almost ten years) I started reading the other pages too. For god's sake it only included examples to see what the other had done, what they are doing and vice-versa. So I flipped the first page feeling proud in my decision of not reading those pages in the past days. I categorized articles in basis of two subjects - interesting and boring to ensure my victory on my decision. There was an article heading about an unknown fever at Kolkata which I categorized as boring news (without knowing that it was going to be a disaster later). Anyways it was 3 p.m. and I had nothing to do. Suddenly I remembered of my dear old friend, my computer. Besides I had an internet connection so I decided to surf the net.

I went to the room, removed cover off the computer, switched it on, connected to the net and started enjoying. First of all I visited the facebook and there was flies flying on the friend request bar and the inbox. In this and only in this topic I can't satisfy myself with what I am (by 'what I am' I pointed to my Gender)! I logged out with an expression mixed with angriness, hopelessness, and kolaveri-diness. I was then surfing the net with no objectives when I came across to a health article. Without any reason I started reading the article. A drop of sweat fell off my head when I finished reading it, though the head was just burning like magnesium in carbon-dioxide. It was about the same unknown fever that I went through minutes ago in the news paper (and categorized as boring news!). My heart was beating like an AK47 when I read that the fever, called DiploxoMatiusism or something like that, is an unrecoverable fever that results in DEATH!!

Though scientists were researching on the cure of the fever, it hadn't been discovered yet! I then started hunting more about the disease, when I came across some symptoms of the fever and for my unshakable fortune I found those matching with those of mine. I was just scattered with the fact and wasting no time started thinking about those happy moments of my past life. All those faces that I encountered in my life was just flashing and floating in front of my internal view. It was exactly like what we see at films and TV serials. Suddenly I felt a chest pain and holding my chest I sat on the ground from the chair (actually fell). I was dying!! Suddenly that scoundrel Pawan's face came to my mind. It was that bustard I was going to die. The phone rang. It was in the other room, so mom received it. I didn't care to think about it anymore because anything like that didn't matter in my life. I somehow rose up and went to the sofa and laid down with a indescribable face. I was feeling the feelings before the death exactly what the poets described in there poems. Suddenly mom came to the room but I didn't tell her anything. She was looking tensed. I was feared of if she had seen it in the news. I asked, "Who was it maa?” she said it was Mr. Manikantan from the next apartment. I couldn't call up who he was and I asked so. After mom's identification of him I realized, I forgot our neighbor’s name. That meant that I was losing my memory and this too was a symptom of that bloody disease. And then I came to know that he called to advise my mom to have a check up of mine due to one of his friends has just passed away in an unknown fever. This turned my AK47-heart-beats into Hydrogen-Atom-Bomb-Powered-HURT-Beats.



My mom was so tensed about me and she wanted to take me to doctor check up. I agreed and mom said me to get dressed. After she was gone, I smiled (this was like what we see in films, when the hero knows that he is going to die) and murmured in mind that even god couldn't resist my certain inevitable death then. I got ready and got out to doctor with mom. When we reached, the doctor hadn't yet arrived. He was a friend of my father so there wasn't any need of getting an appointment (my mom telephoned him before). I sat beside a patient of almost 80 years old. He: had no teeth, a few hairs and was constantly coughing. And some of his internal liquids were getting squirted constantly as he was coughing. So it was a not a bad feeling to sit beside him. After doctor came it was our call first, but I sent that empty-teeth-liquid-squirting person before us. After he came out of the room he smiled a satisfying smile pointing at me, which I accepted as thank you. It reminded me the fact that he was going to live some more even at his age, whereas there was me dying for that scoundrel Pawan. It was our call next. We went to the doctor. He checked me up well. We were looking at his face for his one comment exactly like we look at the TV screen at the last ball of a final cricket match with 2 runs needed to win and a tail ender is batting. And when he commented my expression was indescribable, but to describe the doctor's- he was smiling.



The next day I kept sleeping till 10 as I decided not to go to the office due to a little weakness and a little headache. I woke up from sleep but not from bed, and suddenly I heard Pawan's irritating insane voice. I couldn't make out how was it possible that Pawan misses a chance of impressing boss in my absence. So I quickly looked at the calendar and it was Sunday that day. I rose up from bed and that insane face was in front of me. With a heart burning voice he wanted to know how was I. I didn't answer. Mom heard a sound of slap.